What did delegates enjoy the most at the 2014 Conference in Winnipeg?
- “Catching up with friends from around the country.”
- “Content was varied and informative. Fun sessions and good speakers.”
- “Good speakers, great food, and a great selection of breakouts.”
- “Getting to meet old friends in an educational environment.”
CATA: 49th National Conference
Stay tuned for updates about keynote speakers, program, special events and registration.
Call for Speakers
The Canadian Athletic Therapists Association cordially invites you, your staff and your family to come experience CATA’s 49th National Conference in Halifax, NS. The upcoming conference will be held at the Westin Nova Scotian, May 28-30, 2015. The core conference will take place on Friday and Saturday with optional workshops and sessions on the Thursday. Friday, May 29th is the Exhibitor Day. This is a great opportunity with network with suppliers from all over Canada.
The Canadian Athletic Therapists Association is inviting proposals for professional presentations at the 2015 National Conference at the Westin Nova Scotian in Halifax, Nova Scotia, from May 28-30. Athletic Therapists and affiliated professionals are encouraged to submit proposals for keynote presentations, lectures and workshops
Proposal topics must fall within one of the five domains of practice for athletic therapy:
- Prevention - The identification of injury/illness risk factors associated with activity and implementation of all components of a comprehensive injury/illness prevention program.
- Assessment - The evaluation of the environment/injury/illness for the primary purpose of administering appropriate intervention(s).
- Intervention - The implementation of appropriate strategies and techniques to reduce/prevent injury/illness in order to return individuals to regular activities.
- Practice Management - The planning, coordination and supervision of an athletic therapy practice.
- Professional Responsibility - The identification of the requirements and expectations of a certified athletic therapist.
If you are interested in speaking at the conference, please complete the application form and submit to email@example.com
Questions? Contact Jenn Bell – firstname.lastname@example.org
Halifax is a city rich with culture and history, that’s still located close to nature. So you can take in a festival on the waterfront and sample their fresh seafood - then travel minutes outside of the city for stunning coastal hikes or surfing on one of their long sandy beaches.
Find out more about what there is to do in and around Halifax on the Destination Halifax website
Download Visit Halifax Mobile App